The newer version is new-tabs.js, which is largely based on tab-bar.js, but takes a rather different approach to the actual tabs. Using CSS, it can be skinned by users according to their own tastes. A default skin is provided.
Absolute visual customizability through standard CSS. More info can be found at StylingChrome.
- Display of buffer numbers.
Mouse buttons for selecting and closing tabs can be customized (defaults to left and right mouse buttons, respectively). For more information, C-h v tab_bar_button_select and C-h v tab_bar_button_close.
2. Known problems
- When first having a lot of tabs open and then closing one or more of them, sometimes the tabs aren't properly aligned anymore.
- Doesn't have favicons, but instead has numbered tabs and no option for favicons.
- Doesn't have the option of showing "close" buttons like in tab-bar.js.
- Feel free to add your personalized skins to new-tabs.js here!