When you browse to a document of a content-type that Mozilla cannot view internally, Conkeror normally prompts you for an action to take on the content. You can customize this on a per-mime-type basis to automatically do what you like by registering a content handler:
content_handlers is a mime-type table associating mime-types and mime-type patterns with content handler functions. The following handlers are predefined for your convenience:
- Save the document, prompting for path.
- Open the document, promting for a command.
Open the document in the viewer registered in external_content_handlers for this mime-type, or prompt if none.
- Prompt for a command, and run it with the URL of the document as its argument.
- Copy the URL of the document.
- The default prompt---the same as if no handler was defined.
If you set a give null instead of a content handler to content_handlers.set, it will unset the handler for the given mime type.
You can also use the mime-type wildcard "*". A mime-type of "*" will match any mime-type. A mime-type of, for example, "application/*" will match any mime type whose major type is "application".