December 5, 2012
Spellchecking is no longer enabled by default. To allow Gecko to decorate your text boxes with red marks, put the following in your rc:
December 2, 2012
The deprecated procedures add_delicious_webjumps and add_lastfm_webjumps have now been removed. Use define_delicious_webjumps and define_lastfm_webjumps instead.
April 6, 2012
hints-minibuffer-annotation-mode is now enabled by default. To disable:
March 10, 2012
Variable hints_display_url_panel removed. Instead of the url-panel, Conkeror now has hints-minibuffer-annotation-mode. To use it:
February 15, 2012
buffer_loaded_hook now fires only for the main document of the buffer, not documents in subframes.
February 12, 2012
The test property of page-mode objects is now an array.
January 31, 2012
- The module system introduced 2010-03-19 had a fatal flaw in its design. We have known about this for quite some time, but fixing it was a complex undertaking. Now the 'in_module' procedure has been removed from the program, because it doesn't work, and a new module system has been added, the jsx module system.
- Anybody who has written a module that is not part of Conkeror will need to update their code. Remove uses of 'in_module'. If you only did 'in_module(null);' then you can just remove that line and you are done. If you used 'in_module("module_name");' you will need to remove that, and rename your file to have the extension ".jsx". The rest of the filename should match the name of the module, except using hyphens to separate words.
- casual-spelling.js renamed to casual-spelling.jsx
January 29, 2012
- The "up-url" browser object will now trim a #ref fragment as one of its steps.
- New buffers with an opener buffer in the same window open to the right of their opener.
January 27, 2012
build_url_regex renamed to build_url_regexp
choice_regex renamed to choice_regexp
Call forms of define_buffer_mode and define_page_mode changed.
auto_mode_alist no longer exists.
- The way to deactivate page-modes has changed.
- Instead of the old way of doing complicated array manipulations on 'auto_mode_list', the new way is much simpler. If I want to deactivate xkcd-mode for example (make it so it won't automatically turn on when I visit xkcd), I do the following:
- (Note the distinction between 'deactivating' and 'disabling'.) Instead of the mode being a function that takes a flag -1/+1 or true/false (like in emacs), it is now an object with 'enable' and 'disable' methods:
January 5, 2012
clusty webjump removed. clusty no longer exists.
October 13, 2011
Conkeror now depends on XULRunner 1.9.1 or higher.
September 23, 2011
The copy command now copies the action attribute of the form when called on a submit button.
September 22, 2011
Google-maps: changed bindings '+' and '-' to 'C-c +' and 'C-c -', because it is poor practice to override basic browsing keys then they are still clearly useful on the site in question.
September 16, 2011
Renamed get_file_in_path to find_file_in_path.
September 6, 2011
Formfill is now enabled by default. To turn it off, do: session_pref("browser.formfill.enable", false);
September 5, 2011
youtube_scrape_function and associated helpers removed.